Training materials for professsionals and relatives
KEEP is an app designed for note taking, organizing, and archiving.
The app allows users to create a “note” which can be a piece of formatted text, a checklist, a webpage excerpt, a link, a photograph, a voice memo, or handwritten note. Notes can also have a reminder or an alarm, to warn the user about that note.
Notes can also have file attachments and can be arranged in notebooks.
The notes can be exported or shared with other KEEP users.
KEEP is available in almost all the mobile operating systems (including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc). For PCs can be both installed or used through the web. KEEP offers online synchronization and backup services, which means that all the information is automatically synchronized between all our devices. This can be very useful, for example, to develop activities or checklists and automatically send them to the IDP’s phone.
HARDWARE WHERE IT CAN RUN
Google Keep app can run on PC tablets and smartphones.
Google Keep is a simple and intuitive app. It is available to Android from 4.0.3 version and can be used as an applicative from web like Google Drive or Google Chrome.
KEEP app can be very helpful to develop the following dimensions:
- Independence and autonomy:
- Notes and checklists can make users more autonomous, as they don’t have to consult others so often to perform tasks of daily living.
- The notes can have alarms, so the user can be aware of events and do the things by himself.
- The notes can be delivered in the format that is more suitable for the user: text, images, photos, videos, voice.
- Users can create their own notes.
- Social inclusion and civic participation:
- Notes and be shared with others.
- Relatives and professionals can create notes and deliver them automatically to the user.
- The user can “capture” a lot of things from their mobile phone (for example a web page, an image, a link…) and store it in KEEP to consult it later.
TIPS FOR RELATIVES AND PROFESSIONALS
Below it’s presented a scheme of the functionalities of the different entries in KEEP:
Some information of what can be done with Google Keep (in general):
- Quickly capture what’s on your mind and get a reminder later at the right place or time.
- Speak a voice memo on the go and have it automatically transcribed.
- Grab a photo of a poster, receipt or document and easily organize or find it later in search.
- Google keep makes it easy to capture a thought or list for yourself, and share it with friends and family.
- Capture what’s on your mind: add notes, lists and photos to google keep. Pressed for time? Record a voice memo and keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
- Share ideas with friends and family: easily plan that surprise party by sharing your keep notes with others and collaborating on them in real time.
- Find what you need, fast: color and add labels to code notes to quickly organize and get on with your life. If you need to find something you saved, a simple search will turn it up.
- Always within reach: keep works on your phone, tablet, computer and android wearables. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so your thoughts are always with you.
- The right note at the right time: need to remember to pick up some groceries? Set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store.
Possible applications of Google Keep with IDPs: Google keep can be used to create activities, calendar events, notes, checklists or alarms for the user. The professional or relative can access with the PC using the IDP account and create the activities. These ones will be immediately synchronized with the user phone. Some examples:
- Work instructions or tutorials “step by step”.
- Questionnaires for strengthening training.
- Checklists so that the user review and check the activities that has to perform.
- Alarms and appointments.
The supports needed can range from intermittent to widespread depending on the capabilities of the IDP.
If you are a relative or a professional and you are going to use KEEP with an IDP, you must take into account that the IDP may not want to share some activity or routine with you. Ensure him that you will keep that information between you.
- Be aware of what the user shares and with whom.
- Using this app needs registration (Google account)
Introduction to Google Keep:
Brief Google Keep Tutorial:
There are many more tutorials in Youtube. Search in your language!
The activities described below may be developed by users and professionals in group or separately.
- Create a new note named SHOPPING with 3-5 items with green label.
Professionals – together with the user find a recipe of his favorite cake and make a shopping list with the necessary ingredients.
Users – Think about your favorite cake and the ingredients necessary so you can make a shopping list.
- Create a new note with the name Take the cake from the oven with a reminder to the hour in which it finishes baking.
Professionals – calculate with the users the time that would be necessary to make the cake and for it to bake.
Users – create the note with the reminder for the established time.
- Archive and delete a note.
Professionals/Users – 3.1) select the note to be archived. 3.2) Go to the archived notes and delete that note.